When you look at your home and you want to start deep cleaning you know about the obvious things. You need to clean the toilets, scrub the floors, sweep, and scrub down the counter tops. Your home in sparkling and it is gorgeous, but what if I were to tell you there are several things around you home that are riddled with germs that you are not cleaning. So I have decided to help you out a little bit and tell you the things that around your home that you aren’t cleaning that you probably should be!
- Remote Controls: When is the last time you have wiped down you remote? Think about all the things that you have touched and how many times you wash your hands before using your remote. I remember when I changed my sons poopy diaper and I threw it in the trash. I then went and grabbed the remote and turned on a little show for my toddler. Right after I did that I thought, “eww I wonder how much fecal matter is on this thing.
- Computer Keyboards: There you are eating a snack while typing on your computer while all of the crumbs fall on top of the keys and fall victim underneath the board. Think about all of the bacteria and even mold is building underneath your keyboard that you are still using. You type away and then you grab your baby and feed them their lunch. Gross!
- Cell Phones: We think about toilet seats having the most germs, but in fact, toilet seats have been found to have way less germs than most things around our home. We are constantly cleaning the toilet seat, because we just assume how gross it is, but then we neglect other things that we don’t consider. It is actually cleaner to put your face directly on the toilet seat then putting your face on your cell phone. You never clean your hands before using your phone. In fact, you even using your phone will going to the bathroom. There are massive amounts of fecal matter and germs on your phone that you are now placing on your face! EWWW!!!
- Door handles: People often remember to clean door knobs around the home. You know that door knobs are gross, because you touch things throughout the door and then you grab the knobs. You know they are gross, ut have you thought about how many germs might be on appliance door handles around your home? You need to go around and clean your fridge, door, washer and dryer, dishwasher and microwave handles. These are all very important to clean. So you wash you hands ready to make dinner, but then you grab your microwave handle to grab the food and you don’t realize how many germs are now on you hand!
- Clean Appliances: Your dishwasher and your washer and supposed to clean your clothes and dishes right? So they are all naturally clean, right? Oh no, no, no! Did you know that you are supposed to clean your dishwasher and your washer at LEAST every six months? I throw put a bowl filled with vinegar in my dishwasher and let it run (without soap) and it cleans up the smell and gets off many soap residue. And then I throw a cleaning tablet in my empty washer every few months to clean the washer thoroughly. Of course, you need to clean other things like your microwave, oven and refrigerator.
- Water Spouts: You stand in the shower and scrub your body and you want to get all clean. You trust the shower or bath spouts to give you fresh and clean water. But, when is the last time that you deep cleaned your water spouts? I know you have cleaned the bath, but have you cleaned the places where the fresh water is supposed to come out? I remember I was about to give my babies a bath and I put my finger in the spout and I wipes around and my finger was filled with pink! I wanted to vomit. That is the thing that is filling my child’s bath with? I have never let it get that bad ever again. So gross!
I hope that I didn’t gross you out too much and that I have help you think of some good things to clean to make sure that your home is just THAT much cleaner!